Who are we?
The Urban Gourmet Co. is an ultra-premium olive oil & balsamic tasting room located in beautiful Downtown Pembroke, ON, Canada.
We are passionate about traditionally aged balsamics and fresh pressed evoo from both hemispheres. We are also the exclusive vendors of Wildly Delicious and select Gourmet du Village products. Our oils and vins are out for tasting all day everyday and we encourage you sample before you purchase!
Just came to this little shop this evening for the first time. Was welcomed by Tracey who was so warm, welcoming and very knowledgeable about her product. She shows such passion in the work she does. I got couple tasty combinations of oils/vinegars for a Christmas gift! Will certainly be back to make a couple purchases for myself in the near future!
You must check out The Urban Gourmet. I was so impressed with everything. Olive oils and Balsamic vinegars and combinations are most excellent. Tracey's knowledge of her products is outstanding. What a surprise to have such a great place in Pembroke.
Great personal service, no pressure to buy a product after you taste a few, I later went back and bought a bottle. This is probably the first time I'm looking forward to eating salad. The owner even personally showed us a few different tasty mixtures.
Did you know?
The Urban Gourmet Co. in its 4 short years has:
- Oct, 2014 we opened our doors and within 6 weeks had over 1000 followers on our facebook page and sold through 5000 bottles of oils & vins in 11 weeks.
- June, 2017 we were invited to have tea with Prince Charles during his visit for Canada's 150th birthday and discuss our business, plus being a foodie for organics, we presented him with a basket of our goodies.
- July, 2017 we were approached by Invictus Games Toronto to provide gift basket to 40 guest speakers.
- June, 2018 we were approached by Invictus Games Sydney to be showcased with 50 other veteran businesses in a Sage Power 50 Campaign magazine that will be distrubuted throughout Australia.
- Our products have shipped worldwide.
- Our products are used in many of our local restaurants.
- The owner is a 14yr Canadian Forces veteran and our store has been published in Canadian Military magazine twice, to date.
- We only deal with Extra-virgin olive oil sourced from both the Northern and Southern hemispheres based on which one is pressing so we can import only the freshest olive oil around.
- Our olive oils are tested by a third party facility to check their chemistry so we can 100% confirm we hold 100% extra virgin olive juice. Each of our fustis contain information on each of our showcased varietals with those testing results and chemistry.